- 350 registrations
How it works
Register your details
Submit your details to our emergency support volunteer list.
Your details are passed along
We'll pass on your details on to organisations in your area.
Organisation contacts you
When available, the organisation will offer volunteer opportunities.
You can make a real difference
Aged care volunteers are essential to supporting the social well-being of residents during these challenging times. Regular visits from volunteers can help improve quality of life and reduce isolation, such as:
- Improve self-esteem and well-being
- Diminish feelings of depression and anxiety
- Maintain and increase independence and sense of belonging
- Reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Maintain good emotional and physical health
- Increase longevity and increase sense of purpose
- Develop social connections.
The Australian Government is encouraging the return of volunteers and engagement of new volunteers to residential aged care facilities through this ‘ Re-engaging Volunteers into Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF) Program’.